At Sammy’s we’re all about empowering consumers to make ethically informed decisions when it comes to consumerism and conservation. Because the health of our planet is directly affected by our lifestyle choices, we are committed to adopting practices that allow us to leave the smallest possible footprint without compromising the quality of our products.
Here are just a few examples of what we’re doing...
- Recycle! We recycle everything we possibly can.
- We reuse boxes, packing materials, bags, etc.
- We steer clear of disposables in production. All of our molds, utensils, bowls, brushes, etc. are washable and reusable.
- Towels, rags, and mats are our best friends.
- For our product packaging, we aim for a closed loop system: safe and effective, sourced responsibly, made from renewable resources and then recycled. More on that below…
Our packaging supplies include:
- Glass jars and bottles
- Paperboard tubes and jars
- Kraft product boxes
- Tin containers
- Compostable cellophane bags made from wood cellulose fibers
- Tree-free paper including 100% post-consumer banana paper (not an intentional crop)
- Biodegradable food-grade shrink film
- Raffia ribbon, hemp twine, natural paper-wrapped twist ties